Assistant Director in Healthcare Public Health
Share this role
- Salford City Council
- Unity House, Swinton
- £72,883 to £80,117 (pay award pending) with an additional market supplement of £8,000
- Closing date:
- 5th November
- Job Ref:
This is Salford’s time…
We are transforming into a modern global City, underpinned by our clear vision to create a better and fairer Salford for all, providing the best quality of life for our people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced Consultant in Public Health to provide specialist support, advice and influence across a mature and integrated health and social care system. You will work with colleagues within the Council to design and deliver services that have impact, realising the wider role of the organisation in improving health and wellbeing outcomes. In addition to playing a central role in our Covid-19 response and recovery, you will also work in partnership with acute care providers and other partners to deliver Salford’s ambitious locality plan – the ability to work across organisational boundaries will be crucial.
As the lead on health and care, public health and primary care, your focus will be on improving health outcomes, reducing health inequalities and promoting wellbeing across the City. Being qualified in public health, you will have a proven track along with a clear commitment to working collaboratively – we cannot work in isolation. If you want to make a real difference, connect with our values and can provide the professional expertise required, we look forward to welcoming you to Team Salford.
As an agile organisation with our main office based in Swinton, we are keen to explore what flexibility means to you – including hybrid working, part-time and job-share arrangements.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Philip Emms
- 07590 225 472
- Rachel Cox
- 0113 205 6068